“Little Poppets Nursery is all about childhood. It’s all about nurturing and cherishing the very essence of childhood. It’s about supporting and guiding children to be the very best that they can be and celebrating that journey with them.”
QUALITY CHILDCARE SINCE 2013
Hi, my name is Louise and I’m the owner of Little Poppets Nursery.
The Little Poppets building was previously used as an estate agents and sales room for auctions, and prior to that the older boys’ school for Ellesmere. In the summer of 2013, we (me and my husband) took on the project of refurbishing and redesigning the building into a nursery.
We have tried to retain as much of the older building as possible. For example, our ‘Big Room’ (pre-school area) was the old school classroom. We have carefully retained the beautiful beamed roof vaults above the suspended ceiling, and the original wooden floorboards and wood panelling around the room.
Little Poppets Nursery is fundamentally a family-run nursery with the essential addition of Miss Jenna – our amazing Deputy Manager – who leads practice on a daily basis.
OUR AIMS, GOALS & VALUES
I wanted to be able to offer a nursery option that that was buzzing with excited little people who were supported and cared for by staff who had a real desire to unlock each child’s full potential. A learning environment led by the children and guided by the care, attention to detail and experiential knowledge of its staff team; and so Little Poppets was born!
- Each room and outdoor space offers an environment that reflects a homely and caring atmosphere with great quality child-care at its core
- We pride ourselves on recruiting “staff with big hearts to shape little minds” – a quote taken directly from one of our parents
- We are passionate about our food and recognise the importance that a truly well-balanced and nutritional diet plays in your children’s overall health and well-being.
“A safe and caring nursery where all children grow, learn and laugh.“
OUR STAFF, OUR ENVIRONMENT
A LOVING & CARING LEARNING ENVIROMENT
Our environment has been carefully designed and put together to create a homely atmosphere where children are nurtured and cared for by highly qualified and sensitive staff. All our staff are committed to unlocking your child’s natural desire to learn and achieving their full potential.
- Our Little Room is equipped to care for up to nine of our littlest poppets, all aged from birth to 2 years. The room is bright and sunny with access to its own outdoor play space that over-looks our beautiful garden
- Our Big Room creates an environment to grow truly independent learners who are encouraged to ‘plan’ their own play/learning through engaging activities. It also provides opportunities for our highly skilled staff to join them in their play as they scaffold and drive their learning forward
- Our Garden is a hidden gem and often a surprise when families visit us. It lends itself beautifully as our outdoor classroom where our ‘little poppets’ can explore the awe and wonder of the seasons through their freely chosen play. The space has been designed to offer children a variety of textures and gradients to naturally support gross motor development in the early years.
WHY CHOOSE LITTLE POPPETS?
5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE US
We pride ourselves on knowing every child and parent, everyone is important to us. We understand that every child is a unique individual with different skills and abilities that can be developed.
Safety is always our number one priority. All our rooms and areas are secure.
We are passionate about childcare and we are always thinking of new activities, challenges and inspirational ideas to keep your child engaged. We also have dedicated rooms for each age group. This helps to ensure that the learning activities and equipment is all age appropriate.
A well balanced diet is vital to a child’s development. We cook fresh, healthy and tasty food on-site for the children daily.